Monday, January 5, 2009

My oily skin routine

I think i have talked briefly about skin types in a early blog, I'm going go a little to bit deeper in to how i take care of my oily skin and what has been keeping my oil production way down.

First things first I start my day off by washing, toning, and moisturizing my skin. For a face wash I'm loving Neutrogena oil free ance wash in pink grapefruit, not oly does it cut down on excess oil with out overly drying my skin, but it smells great (price-about 7 bucks). Next for a toner I use Neutrogena Oil Eliminating Astringent, work great although it can be dry, which can be a problem for oily skin (once our skin feel too dry, it make even more oil, yuck) so it is important to use a good oil free moisturizer, I'm currently pHisoderm daily moisturizer with SPF 15. Sometimes i also apply or mix the The Body Shop green tree oil mattifying gel with this, now my skin is ready for make up application.

To start my make-up off i apply a primer, either my monistat chaffing gel or MAC Matte cream, and let set for at least two minutes, so it can get into my pores. Just but doing this alone my make-up stays longer. I am using MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW 45, i personally like liquid foundation for my oily skin i find after a awhile powder foundation oxidize on the skin and look greasy. I set my foundation with MAC blot powder, it also great for sucking up and oilies during the day.

At night I use a baby wipe to remove move my make-up, then use the same cleasner and toner, followed by Clean & Clear's Night oil-free moisturizer. I love this!!! My skin free totally different it look so refreshed!!!! In additon to my night routine i use Queen Helene Mint Julep mask several night a week for a deep cleasing. I also use St Ives apricot scrub and Biore pore strip in conjuction with the Mint Julep mask weekly for an at home facial. The Mint mask is good for drying up any pimples that my pop up.

Honestly, my skin is look its best right now( minus the hyperpigamentation) and I own it all to my strict facial routine. If you have extremely oily skin this product are worth a try.

No comments: